We ask all parents/carers to support the school by encouraging your child to adhere to the agreed dress code and the wearing of our school uniform. The wearing of a school uniform helps promote the identity of the school in the local community and helps create an ethos of sharing and pride in the school.
In addition, the wearing of a uniform helps towards increasing the protection of all pupils. The wearing of a uniform helps staff and the pupils to distinguish between who belongs to the school and those who may be visitors. This enables staff to approach and identify visitors more readily and helps in trying to offer a safer environment for pupils and teachers alike.
Equality of opportunity is an important aspect of the life of the school. Any proposals on the dress code and on what constitutes the school uniform will be the subject of discussion with the Parent Council and where appropriate consultation with parents, pupils and staff.
Our parents support the following colours for our school uniform:
|Polo Shirt||Pale Blue|
|Tie||Maroon with stripes|
A new badge, which features on our uniform, was designed by a Primary 7 pupil and voted for by the children.
Some uniform items can be ordered at the school office. Completed order forms should be handed in to the school office with full payment. Uniform items can also be ordered directly from Schoolwear Made Easy at:
and click on the schools online ordering tab at the bottom of the page.
There are forms of dress which are unacceptable in all schools such as:
- the wearing of football colours
- clothing with slogans that may cause offence (anti-religious, symbolism or political slogans)
- clothing which advertises alcohol, tobacco or drugs
- clothing which can be deemed unsuitable in terms of health and safety grounds such as shell suits, combat style clothing, dangling earrings, loose fitting clothes particularly in practical classes
- articles of clothing that could be deemed to inflict damage on other pupils or be used by others to do so
- footwear that may damage flooring.